Claytor Nature Center’s grounds are open 8:30 a.m. to 5 p.m., seven days a week. The buildings are locked when no staff are present. There is one portable restroom available for use when buildings are locked, located in the parking lot of the education building. There is a water fountain at the pavilion.
1844 Woods Road
Bedford, VA 24523
The main parking lot is located at the education building, just down the hill from the main entrance at 1844 Woods Road. Enter the gates and drive to the bottom of the hill to find the education building and parking lot.
Please drive slowly! There are speed bumps that require a very slow speed.
Sign In to Register Your Visit
The southwest corner of the parking lot houses a kiosk with a notebook and pencil to register your visit. This helps us keep track of visitors and will allow us to better support grant applications in the future. Alternatively, you can sign in via the QR code on the bulletin board at the kiosk.
Please note that entry fees go into effect July 1, 2023.
- Free for Claytor Community members
- Free for current University of Lynchburg students, faculty and staff
- Free for those that check out a parking pass from the Bedford Public Library System branches
- Free for active-duty members of the military
- $5 for University of Lynchburg alumni
- $5 for people 65 and older
- $5 for veterans
- $10 per vehicle for the general public
- Commercial vehicles and non-family groups larger than 5 should contact firstname.lastname@example.org to schedule a visit.
Our entry fees help us advance our mission and maintain the trails, buildings, grounds, roads, education programming, and land conservation.
As a nonprofit division of the University of Lynchburg, we operate on an independent budget supported by donations and entry fees. Payments should be placed in a box at the kiosk in the parking lot of the education building. You can pay with cash, check, or on your phone using the QR code at the kiosk.
Please fill out an envelope and hang the ticket from your rearview mirror. Members should place their membership card in their windshield showing the date of their membership. Join our Claytor Community membership program today!
Thank you for your support!