The building is located on the northern side of the property, just off of Woods Road. It is built on a ridge at the edge of the upland forest, near the wetlands and the Big Otter River.
The building is designed to blend into the natural scenery while providing access to a variety of the Center’s habitats.
- Large observation deck overlooking the woods near the wetlands and the Big Otter River
- Integrated classroom/laboratory area
- Discovery room designed for K-12 classes, programs, and activities
- Research laboratory with adjoining chemical and specimen storage room
- Multi-purpose seminar room and access to the deck for meetings, lectures, retreats, and other social events. Can accommodate approximately 40 individuals.
- Geothermal Heating Ventilation and Air Conditioning (HVAC). This alternative method of heating and cooling uses the earth’s constant temperature below the frost line and significantly reduces our annual electric bills and greenhouse gas emissions.